Working with Player Panels
With AbleGamers Player Panels, we can connect you with hundreds of players with disabilities to help you make your game more accessible. Whether it is conducting player research or testing new design options, we can connect you players all over the US and around the world.
In order to connect you with players we need you to:
- Submit your project for our team. We need to know what you want to do, how you will remunerate the players you work with and any other key information. We will get back to you as quickly as we can regarding your project.
- Have your company complete the legal waiver indicating you will only contact our players for the reasons you give us in your project descriptions. You only need to do this the first time you work with Player Panels.
- Give us a least 3 weeks lead time to firm up your project description, advertise the opportunity to players, and pass you the information.
If you are ready to get started with player panels then:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: Who can recruit from Player Panels?
- Answer: We prioritize companies associated with the game industry and other organizations working to provide better accessibility in games. We will work with other organizations on a case by case basis.
- Question: How fast can you get me, players?
- Answer: We need a minimum of 3 weeks lead time ahead of when you want to first make contact with players. So if you need players to sign NDAs or other contracts before you work with them, you will need more time than that.
- Question: How many players can I recruit?
- Answer: We recommend that you recruit the number of players you want to engage in your opportunity + 10%. Players in the panels are told when they register that they may or may not be selected to participate in the opportunity based on the needs of the organization recruiting.
- Question: Can you recruit volunteers for me?
- Answer: We will not recruit for volunteer work through Player Panels. We believe that the time of people with disabilities is valuable and we request that you compensate players appropriately for their time.
- Question: How much should I pay?
- Answer: We do not maintain a set of rates for different types of work. We can advise based on your opportunity what might be appropriate.
- Question: Can players refuse to participate?
- Answer: When we recruit players we advise them that they are only committing to reviewing the opportunity from an organization. We tell players that they are not obligated in any way to participate, and if they feel they will not be compensated appropriately, if they do not feel the organization will treat them with respect and dignity, or if they feel unsafe for any reason, that they should refuse to participate.
- Question: Can you get me players in a particular city?
- Answer: We maintain a list of players with disabilities all over the world and try to prioritize recruitment in areas where there are game companies. However, if we do not have players in a particular city already registered, we cannot commit to recruiting them for you at this time.