Create accessible experiences in a way that suits your studio!
Whether your studio is new to accessibility or accomplished in creating inclusive games,
our team can guide you in delivering the most accessible experience possible to your players
through our subscription plans.
We know that managing accessibility through the lifecycle of your game can be challenging, and that’s why at AbleGamers we provide subscriptions that include:
Project planning to ensure your engagements get the attention they deserve.
Inclusive billing so that you only have one contract to manage.
About our Subscriptions:
For studios who are new to accessibility, you may be curious or even overwhelmed by the accessibility options that you can include in your game. In our Bronze subscription, we provide you with the opportunity for touchpoints with players, review of content for common pain points, and assess your game to determine if there are barriers that will keep players from joining the amazing experience you are creating.
Examples of how studios have used our services in this plan include:
- Player Panels to conduct user research to understand players needs, or to review early
wireframes and prototypes.
- Sensitivity Readings to examine design reference documentation, dialogue options, and
user interface messaging for problematic or offensive language.
- An Accessibility Prerequisite Evaluation (APRE) to get an initial baseline of Access
options available to players and barriers present in the game, and again after changes
have been made to address those barriers.
For studios who have some experience working together on a previous title, there is often a desire to make sure that they build on that success with an even more accessible new title. For these studios, our team can help you structure a more regularized pattern of assessing your game, including a deep dive playthrough evaluation that will help you start looking for options that help players tune their experiences that you may have missed in your previous titles.
- Player Panels to perform early user testing on control setup and tuning.
- Sensitivity Readings on scripts for tone and themes around disability.
- Accessibility Prerequisite Evaluations throughout the year checking the evolution of
- An Accessibility Playthrough Evaluation looking for those key opportunities to add ways
for players to tune the way they engage with obstacles in games.
For studios who have a history of working together to create amazing accessible experiences for players, you may want to push the boundaries of what accessibility in your game means. With our Gold subscription, you get more support in achieving your goals of providing those meaningful accessible experiences to players.
With regular check-ins on the prerequisites for play, multiple deep dives into your gameplay and lots of opportunities to work with players, this subscription plan is for those who want to extend the opportunity to experience their games to even more players that they already do!
- Accessibility Prerequisite Evaluations to check a wide variety of different single
and multi-player game modes for barriers that prevent people from getting into the
- Multiple playthrough evaluations to ensure that players can tune challenge in a variety
of different phases of gameplay.
- Player Panels for user testing the fidelity of your accessibility options and or of player
experiences in you game.
- Sensitivity Readings checking content for disability representation in story and assets.
Equipping your team for success
Ensuring that there is buy-in for accessible and inclusive design throughout your team leads to better and more accessible games. However identifying and equipping champions of inclusive design with knowledge and experience can be a challenge for studios to do on their own. At AbleGamers we have bundled our Certified APX Practitioner course with all of our subscriptions to help you build that inclusive culture.
Whether you are a studio new to accessibility looking to train some key people, a studio with defined processes wanting to seed knowledge across different parts of your team, or a studio with mature accessibility processes that wants to train newcomers to the team, you will be able to train as many developers as you like with a substantial discount on our regular per seat cost.